POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : When is pov 4.0 comming out? : Re: When is pov 4.0 comming out? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:17:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: When is pov 4.0 comming out?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 21 Feb 2013 01:24:24
Message: <5125bd98$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 22:42:42 -0500, swampie wrote:

> Don't look now, Jim but your mother may have raised a smartass. If you
> look at the post above yours you will see a very informative,
> professional answer. An absolutely useful one, unlike yours.
>
> Small suggestion: Ask your sister for a lesson on how not to get your
> panties in a wad.

Well, ain't that nice.  Getting personal when I gave you a serious answer
just because you didn't like it.

Go on, ask me how much I really care.

Then go back and re-read the answer I gave you - paying particular
attention to the final paragraph, where I asked you what you should see
as a *very* important question.

In all seriousness, ISTR there being a place on the POV-Ray site where
that specific answer was given - it used to be a FAQ, and the answer was
"don't ask - it'll be released when it's ready and not one minute sooner".

So rather than shoot the messenger, consider that the answer is actually
a *serious* answer, delivered with humour that's been used in the past
for such questions.

If you don't like it, fine, but there's really no need to get all pissy
about an answer you didn't like.  That's just juvenile - and what's more,
it's "unprofessional" (since that seems to be an important thing to you -
maybe you should learn to practice what you preach; just sayin')

Jim