POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : RC7 sanity check : Re: RC7 sanity check Server Time
13 May 2024 11:45:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RC7 sanity check
From: Chris Cason
Date: 18 Feb 2013 07:34:06
Message: <51221fbe$1@news.povray.org>
On 18/02/2013 12:30, Cousin Ricky wrote:
> The installer works.  (N.B. I could not test the RC6 uninstall, as there was no
> RC6 on this computer, and I'm not about to fire up my old one.)  However, it
> didn't automatically run the sample scene, as past versions have done.

I don't think I've been doing this for the RC's or betas; though yes
we did for 3.6 and past versions.

> Is this deliberate?

More an oversight than anything; we had problems getting the launch
option to work properly when we were using InstallShield and when
creating the new installer I didn't include the /DEMO command.

It's a good point, though, so I will add it for the final release
(I'll be running test setups for that past you guys too :-)

> When I unchecked Options|Render Window|Keep Above Main, it didn't take effect
> until after I restarted POV-Ray.

hmmm, have to look at that. I think in the past we may have done an
automatic re-start?

-- Chris