POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Request: Humans in Ancient Costumes : Re: Request: Humans in Ancient Costumes Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:31:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Request: Humans in Ancient Costumes
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 8 Feb 2013 04:32:15
Message: <5114c61f$1@news.povray.org>
On 8-2-2013 8:51, Sven Littkowski wrote:
> Even a reason more (a very good one), to hope that some POV-Ray users can assist
> here with their figures.

That is the point: POV-Ray users *owning* Poser are free to use their
derived work in their /own projects/. However, they are not free to
distribute their derived work - where it involves the Poser figures or
the Poser Content - or so I understand the EULA.

Clothing entirely made by POV-Ray users can of course be distributed
freely, if a maker so chooses, but even then it may be copyrighted, e.g.
under a Creative Commons licence.

Thomas