POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Citroen GS on the Bullet Physics Playground : Re: Citroen GS on the Bullet Physics Playground Server Time
1 May 2024 21:38:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Citroen GS on the Bullet Physics Playground
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 3 Feb 2013 12:33:03
Message: <510e9f4f$1@news.povray.org>
Le 03/02/2013 09:53, Jaime Vives Piqueres nous fit lire :
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGYPHWOAt94
>
> After some hundreds of variants, I found a combination of constraints
> which work decently for most situations. The problem is that it's a bit
> unstable, and only works as expected half of the times you run the
> sim... I suspect is not BPP, but the Bullet library itself. Anyhow, when
> it works, you can play with it as long as you want, and it will never
> break, as you can see on the above video. :)

Great. Awesome.

To be even better IMOH, could you somehow pattern the wall and may be a
bit the black ground. A large checker on the wall, and maybe some lines
on the ground ? Aim: to ease my view of inertia / non-drifting rear
wheels on sequence where only the car, the ground and the wall are. So
far on such sequence, I cannot assert that the car is not gliding.

The first step of stair has an unrealistic front wheel move (jumping
from one rotation to another).

before the ramp, there seems to be some stick/shadow under the front
right wheel, as if something was broken.