POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Another reason to hate Windows 7 : Re: Another reason to hate Windows 7 Server Time
26 Apr 2024 09:16:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another reason to hate Windows 7
From: Warp
Date: 29 Jan 2013 14:45:36
Message: <510826df@news.povray.org>
MichaelJF <mi-### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:
> I'm certainly no expert at this. But POV leaves a state file when interrupted
> otherwise an image. So it should not be impossible. But with a multicore machine
> the continue option works only if all threads have left no "whole" in the
> picture. That means if a block is not finished but an other which is later in
> the sequence the blocks are worked through from another thread is (may be the
> first contains some glass the second not, so the later thread is ready before
> the first) than "continue" continues behind the later thread overlooking the
> "whole" from the first unfinished thread. So if you have to interrupt a
> rendering since you need your machine for other purposes, you have to be lucky
> to can use the +c. IMO this issue is more important then the occasional updates
> or the sleeps, which can be avoided easily with the update options or the energy
> options Stephen pointed out.

Are you saying that +C doesn't currently work, or are you just guessing?

I wasn't talking about the +C option per se. I was just talking about a
possible convenience feature in winpov that would suggest the user to
continue the render if povray was closed the last time while it was
rendering.

--
                                                          - Warp