POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Transparent Image Maps, and Mesh Inside Vectors : Re: Transparent Image Maps, and Mesh Inside Vectors Server Time
21 Jun 2024 01:47:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Transparent Image Maps, and Mesh Inside Vectors
From: Alain
Date: 20 Jan 2013 00:03:17
Message: <50fb7a95@news.povray.org>

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/message/%3Cweb.50329242de95511561a6f3b40%40news.povray.org%3E/#%3Cweb.503
> 29242de95511561a6f3b40%40news.povray.org%3E
>
> The body of the magpie is this mesh2 object.  But to understand your special
> problem I think it would be helpful to look at some sample code.
>
> Best regards,
> Michael

The difference between a regular mesh and a mesh2 object in only in the
way it's defined. Otherwise, everything that apply to one also apply to
the other, as, internaly, they are exactly the same thing.
The only requirement for the inside_vector of a closed mesh is that it
should not be parallel to a triangle of the mesh.

The problem is that the object is composed from an array of small mesh
objects to whitch an image_map is applyed using UV mapping. That
image_map have some transparent parts that let us see the inside. It's
very similar to a clipped_by case. The bits you see are the inside of
some of the constituent component meshes.

Alain