POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : meteor fly-through (and motion-blur comparison) : Re: meteor fly-through (and motion-blur comparison) Server Time
15 May 2024 13:28:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: meteor fly-through (and motion-blur comparison)
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 19 Jan 2013 20:30:46
Message: <50fb48c6$1@news.povray.org>
> A 1280X720 animation, 600 frames, of the camera flying through some space
> debris. It has motion-blur but no antialiasing. (I thought I could get away
> without AA due to the erratic and blurred camera motions, which will usually
> hide the lack of AA--but the moon still shows some jaggies every now and then.)

Very nice!

Some minor issues

- the lighting is very soft / ambient for a space scene
- there seem to be some "collisions" (rocks passing through each other)
- this better be debris from a recently destroyed moon, otherwise
   so-called astroid belts / fields usually have millions of km
   between individual asteroids ;)