POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : meteor fly-through (and motion-blur comparison) : Re: meteor fly-through (and motion-blur comparison) Server Time
29 Apr 2024 08:33:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: meteor fly-through (and motion-blur comparison)
From: clipka
Date: 17 Jan 2013 13:00:31
Message: <50f83c3f$1@news.povray.org>
Am 17.01.2013 12:14, schrieb Kenneth:

>> If you'd use OpenEXR for the interim output, you could also get that
>> bright light smear right.
>
> Really??! Then I need to do some research; the whole HDRI thing is kind of a
> mystery to me, re: its use *in* computer graphics.

It's really pretty simple, as far as POV-Ray is concerned: While classic
image formats essentially use integer values to represent colors,
capping them at 100%, HDRI formats such as OpenEXR use floating-point
values instead, enabling them to represent color values as high as e.g.
6,550,400% (in the case of OpenEXR).