POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : filling a bottle with fluid : Re: filling a bottle with fluid Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:27:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: filling a bottle with fluid
From: Alain
Date: 3 Jan 2013 12:02:50
Message: <50e5b9ba@news.povray.org>

> "joe" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>> I've built a soda bottle with a bezier_spline lathe object.  It's clear glass,
>> hollow and has a wall thickness.  To fill the bottle with soda I am creating
>> another lathe object inside the bottle.  To prevent a coincident surface problem
>> should I scale the soda larger to push the soda into the bottle wall?  Any
>> better ways to fill a bottle with fluid?
>

> Have you tried using csg merge? This prevents surface interference between
> transparent objects, you could overlap the boundaries slightly and use merge to
> remove the overlap.

Not realy advisable as it will remove both surfaces and you need to keep
one.

A possibility is to use an union of incomplete shapes:
- The container, including the inner surfaces except where the content
is present. Have it's own interior.
- The bottom of the content, with an intermediate ior and appropriate
interior.
- The surface of the content using a disk or any other single faced
object. Have the same interior as the content and the proper ior.

Alain