POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : An idea about plant growth with a L-System and the mesh-camera : Re: An idea about plant growth with a L-System and the mesh-camera Server Time
24 Jun 2024 09:12:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An idea about plant growth with a L-System and the mesh-camera
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 2 Jan 2013 19:49:04
Message: <50e4d580$1@news.povray.org>
MichaelJF wrote:

> BTW The mesh-cam is a very useful and mighty approvement to POV. Why are Jaime
> and I the only users here to play around with it?

It's mighty but also not trivial to use (or even understand, I'm not
sure I fully understood what all the modes do myself). Also I gathered
it is mostly useful in elaborate multipass processes. Given that most
hobbyists are less dedicated I think the number of potential users
is smaller than you expect.

Not to mention you also need some kind of mesh. If you don't use
modellers and treat povray as a programming language that turns code
into images, then the mesh cam is a remote feature.