POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Copyright issues : Re: Copyright issues Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:18:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Copyright issues
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 23 Dec 2012 03:08:06
Message: <50d6bbe6@news.povray.org>
On 22-12-2012 21:21, MichaelJF wrote:

> As you can imagine I haven't asked for your opinion without cause. The
> information came from the web-site of a german radio broadcast station. The
> seriousness of this special station is out of question completely (Hessischer
> Rundfunk 3). Yes it was about photographies but about the use with facebook,
> twitter and the like. Some law attornies seems to fine people who gave
> photographies of the three named objects (and some more I have forgotten) at
> facebook or twitter or the like (I must admit I have no idea of this services so
> far und didn't use them). So it seems to be not only with commercial uses.
> Unfortunatelly the official German radio stations have to delete their
> web-informations after a (short) while and so I have only found an evidence that
> it has existed at the 18th October this year with google today. That's the
> reason why I'm am a little bit cautious to model industry objects - or use free
> models of them. For example I would have liked to have Asimo in a scene hosting
> a tea ceremony but rejected the idea since I was not sure if Honda has a say in
> this.

I don't know, but this sounds to me as if some vulture lawyers are
trying out the concept and see where it gets them to get in buckets full
of money. While probably legal (you can always try, no? while there is
no precedence) it is totally immoral of course and tells more about the
said lawyers' professional moral standing than anything else.

Thomas