POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Citroen GS on the Bullet Physics Playground : Re: Citroen GS on the Bullet Physics Playground Server Time
1 May 2024 23:19:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Citroen GS on the Bullet Physics Playground
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 19 Dec 2012 12:37:11
Message: <50d1fb47@news.povray.org>
El 19/12/12 15:45, Le_Forgeron escribió:
> Yummy yummy yummy!

   Thanks!

> It seems to slow as if someone was actionning the brakes once landed,
> or is it the turn it took ?

   Yes, the LUA script is (sort of) braking it at step 150 into the
simulation, during 50 more frames. I said "sort of" because I just
inverted the angular motor power during 50 frames, then disabled it.

   But the suspension system broke after that... and so I shortened a bit
the animation to hide this fact. :( Fortunately, I changed now to
another type of constraint that seems to working better and it's more
resistant.

> Only point I would dispute: that colour, I cannot believe that
> Citroën ever made a GS of that blue.

   You're right: the texturing on my GS include files (which had a more
believable blue tone) was not working for some reason, and I just wrote
something quick (and not very good) to get the animation tests running...

> (White is probably the most common colour for the GS; Beyond that,
> you would need the official publication for the available colours...
> Black-reflecting could also be common, but raytracing a black paint
> is not that great for details)

   Well, to be frank, the model isn't a real GS variant either, so having
a non-official paint job doesn't seems out of place... :) I modeled it
looking at photos from all sorts of GS and GSA models.

--
Jaime