POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Memory Leak During Animations (v3.7.0 rc6, win7) : Re: Memory Leak During Animations (v3.7.0 rc6, win7) Server Time
28 Apr 2024 15:52:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Memory Leak During Animations (v3.7.0 rc6, win7)
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 4 Dec 2012 19:05:15
Message: <50be8fbb$1@news.povray.org>
Kenneth wrote:

> The problem I perceive is that there's some kind of 'extra' slow-down happening
> --in 3.6.2--, not necessarily connected with the expected one of simply adding
> more objects.

Try this:

1. In your existing experiment, take note of one of the later frames
that render very slowly with some number N of objects and the time used
to render that frame

2. Create a two-frame animation
a. First frame dummy with 1 object to force the problem
b. Second frame with the same number of objects N as the test frame.

If the time used for the second frame in 2. is roughly the
same as the original test frame there is no accumlated slowdown
or resource leak. Instead you are simply observing that, without
bounding, render time is very high when object count is high.