POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Hi, I'm back... with a silly (Win 8) question of course. : Re: Hi, I'm back... with a silly (Win 8) question of course. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:23:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hi, I'm back... with a silly (Win 8) question of course.
From: clipka
Date: 25 Nov 2012 04:12:37
Message: <50b1e105$1@news.povray.org>
Am 24.11.2012 22:53, schrieb The Elder Mike:

> Second, my old computer died on Thanksgiving day and I had to grab a quick
> replacement on Black Friday. I ended up with a Windows 8 machine, which I am
> *NOT* thrilled about.  Now that I have this thing, I need to know which version
> (if any) of POV-Ray will work reliably on it.  Can I use the 64 bit version?

Unless they did some surprising changes (uh, wait... we're talking about
Windows 8, right? >_<) the regular POV-Ray for Windows binaries should
do the job, but whether it'll be 32 or 64 bit depends on the CPU of
course: If it's a 64-bit one (which I'd consider very likely these
days), you should be fine with the 64-bit POV-Ray version (presuming
that the installed Windows 8 version matches the CPU); otherwise the
32-bit version will have to do.

> Thanks in advance for helpful replies that do not include gratuitous chiding
> with regard to having ended up with a Windows 8 machine.

How about some expression of deep sympathy? ;-)