POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray V3.7.0 R6 mesh_camera does not parse mesh2 : Re: POV-Ray V3.7.0 R6 mesh_camera does not parse mesh2 Server Time
16 May 2024 15:32:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray V3.7.0 R6 mesh_camera does not parse mesh2
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 22 Nov 2012 03:36:18
Message: <50ade402$1@news.povray.org>

> You are right, wrapping the mesh2 into a #declare does indeed solve the problem.
>
> Thank you very much!
>
> This should either be documented somewhere or fixed, I assume..

   Well, the syntax on the docs already suggests it has to be declared
before, as it requires a MESH_OBJECT_IDENTIFIER:

camera {
   mesh_camera {
     rays per pixel
     distribution type
     [max distance]
     mesh {
       MESH_OBJECT_IDENTIFIER
       [TRANSFORMATIONS]
     }
     [mesh ...]
   }
   [location]
   [direction]
   [smooth]
   }

   But yes, it could be said explicitly somewhere on that section...

--
Jaime