POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray V3.7.0 R6 mesh_camera does not parse mesh2 : Re: POV-Ray V3.7.0 R6 mesh_camera does not parse mesh2 Server Time
16 May 2024 12:38:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray V3.7.0 R6 mesh_camera does not parse mesh2
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 14 Nov 2012 06:37:54
Message: <50a38292$1@news.povray.org>

> When trying to put a mesh2 into a mesh_camera instead of a regular
> mesh, POVray aborts on the line containing vertex_vectors with "Parse
> Error: No triangles in triangle mesh."

   Hmmm... I'm using it with mesh2 without any problems here. For
example, my latest AO baking demo uses a mesh2 converted by Poseray:

http://www.ignorancia.org/en/index.php?page=ao-baking

   Admittedly, I only tried with mesh2 objects converted by Poseray, but
with a lot of them, from very different origins. Your mesh2 is the
output of a conversion software, or custom made?

--
Jaime