POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Radiosity example : Re: Radiosity example Server Time
19 May 2024 21:32:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity example
From: clipka
Date: 8 Nov 2012 08:20:57
Message: <509bb1b9$1@news.povray.org>
Am 08.11.2012 04:08, schrieb taftj:

> Thank you- that did work, but apparently I'm still not understanding something
> because when I remove the light source I see blackness.  I thought the point of
> radiosity was that there was some "general" light without needing a specific
> light source.

No, the main point of radiosity is that shadows are illuminated by
diffuse light from other objects.

A side effect of radiosity is that you /can/ also get illumination from
a sky sphere or background (this is automatic), and even objects (this
requires a suitable finish setting; previously this could be done by
using a non-zero "ambient" finish term, but this was originally just a
hack and has always been troublesome, so as of POV-Ray 3.7 the new
"emission" term needs to be used instead).