POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Radiosity example : Re: Radiosity example Server Time
19 May 2024 22:12:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity example
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 6 Nov 2012 06:30:33
Message: <5098f4d9$1@news.povray.org>
taftj wrote:
> Could somebody kindly post complete code for a very simple scene that uses
> radiosity?  Maybe a white plane with a white box and nothing else.  No matter
> what I try, I get either blackness or no effect.  Something's not clicking I
> guess :(

Try this:

#default {finish {ambient 0}}

#include "colors.inc"
#include "rad_def.inc"

global_settings
{
   assumed_gamma 1.0
   radiosity {Rad_Settings(Radiosity_Normal, off, off)}
}

camera
{
   location  <0.0, 1.0, -3.0>
   look_at   <0.0, 1.0,  0.0>
   angle 90
}

light_source {< -10,  10, -10> color White}

sphere
{
   0, 1000 pigment {color SkyBlue} hollow
}

plane {y, 0 pigment{checker color White color Black}}

sphere {y,1 pigment {color White}}