POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : website bug (objects collection) : Re: website bug (objects collection) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:18:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: website bug (objects collection)
From: Warp
Date: 27 Oct 2012 01:40:59
Message: <508b73eb@news.povray.org>
Cousin Ricky <rickysttATyahooDOTcom> wrote:
> I appreciate a /warning/ if the program senses that I'm about to do something
> regrettable or irrational.  The most obvious example of this is "Document is not
> saved. [Save] [Discard] [Cancel]"  Similarly, I appreciate a search engine's
> /suggestion/ if I misspell a word.  But don't /guess/ what I want and then
> follow through summarily.

I have never understood the idea with spelling autocorrection that's turned
on by default in most modern smartphones. It's completely useless and it
messes up whatever you want to write most of the time, especially if you
are bilingual (like in my case, where I sometimes write messages in Finnish
and sometimes in English.) Even if you use just one language, it still
manages to mess up many things you write.

The major problem is that it autocorrects without asking. It's not like
it *suggests* a "proper spelling" and allows you to select it. No, it
inserts its suggestion without asking when you press space after the word.
If it guessed wrong, you have to go back and try to fix it (which becomes
hard if you don't know how to bypass the automatic "correction").

--
                                                          - Warp