POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Wrong date in hall of fame entry "The Wet Bird" : Re: Wrong date in hall of fame entry "The Wet Bird" Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:13:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wrong date in hall of fame entry "The Wet Bird"
From: Warp
Date: 25 Oct 2012 16:23:09
Message: <50899fad@news.povray.org>
Jaime Vives Piqueres <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote:
>    Nowadays I can understand someone takes a Mental Ray render for a
> photo... I myself had to watch a whole episode of "The Amazing World of
> Gumball" to be sure it was CG before checking on the web.

In a few cases some people do the exact opposite: They take real photos
or video and post-process it to make it look like CGI. For example they
did that with the movie Ultraviolet.

See for example
http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/zz289/05k21a0551/new%20one/Ultraviolet2006m-HD-4.jpg
http://gabtor.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/ultraviolet_3.jpg