POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Skyrim (and beyond) : Re: Skyrim (and beyond) Server Time
6 May 2024 07:24:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Skyrim (and beyond)
From: Tim Cook
Date: 25 Oct 2012 05:51:32
Message: <50890ba4$1@news.povray.org>
On 2012-10-25 02:26, Bill Pragnell wrote:
> Looks good. Red lines are paved roads, yes?

Thicker ones, yes.  Started adding a few secondary unpaved roads; 7000
Steps up to High Hrothgar in particular was missing in the map mod I
had, so I had to compile and use the UESP wiki's map (which is much
better reference).

> Is it worth trying to convert this to a vector format, svg or something? This
> type of graphic cries out to be in a non-bitmap form.

Ah yeah, svg might be a better format to use than psp.  I don't want to
hand-trace and optimize all the contour lines, though.  :(  The
coastline and waterways stage is going to be enough of a nuisance.  Any
program that can do that for me?

It would massively reduce the file size.

Also note:  the image should be able to be chopped up and converted into
.dds files and used as the in-game map, at this point.  There's a bit of
distortion due to my initial rendering of the height map from Moray,
which doesn't have the orthographic camera type, but it should be minor.

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.sjcook.com