POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Two steps forward, one step back : Re: Two steps forward, one step back Server Time
6 May 2024 21:37:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Two steps forward, one step back
From: Alain
Date: 21 Oct 2012 17:17:25
Message: <50846665$1@news.povray.org>

> On 21-10-2012 10:08, Anthony D. Baye wrote:
>> all things considered, it's not a bad start, but I don't know if it
>> will ever be
>> terribly practical, which is unfortunate.
>>

> Like Jaime, I think this is an excellent method, worth the inconveniences.
>
> Now a little nitpicking ;-)  How about the /sides/ of the cross boards?
> They do not seem to receive paint, which they should, maybe as streaks...
>
> Thomas

In real life, it should be similar. Those edges are about parallel to
the path of the particles whitch preclude particles from touching them.

As for the particles path, using the sine? Sould'nt you use the tangent
of the angle instead? After all, the tangent is the function of the
projection of an angle on a line/plane tangent to the circle/sphere,

travel parallel to the line/plane in this case.

Alain