POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Two steps forward, one step back : Re: Two steps forward, one step back Server Time
6 May 2024 19:37:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Two steps forward, one step back
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 21 Oct 2012 05:38:37
Message: <5083c29d$1@news.povray.org>
On 21/10/12 10:08, Anthony D. Baye wrote:
> After a little more experimentation, I finally managed to get a
> credible result, but it takes about 20 minutes to parse.
>
> of course, I may be using heftier settings than necessary.
>
> I increased the dispersal angle to 60 degrees, which didn't seem to
> have much effect by itself.  I also increased the particle count to
> 60k and the Duration to 30.  with a modified path based on a sine
> wave, I got the attached image.
>
> all things considered, it's not a bad start, but I don't know if it
> will ever be terribly practical, which is unfortunate.
>
> I'll keep poking at it, and see if I can't make it faster.

   Looking very good! It may have inconveniences, but this method also
has plenty of advantages... for example, an image map projection to the
whole object will give you paint in wrong places, like the sides of he
boards, but this spray-can method gives the Real Thing.

   Hey, you could even become a virtual graffiti artist now!

--
Jaime