POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : 3.7rc6 on Raspberry PI, with/without openexr image artifacts : Re: 3.7rc6 on Raspberry PI, with/without openexr image artifacts Server Time
1 Jun 2024 16:51:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3.7rc6 on Raspberry PI, with/without openexr image artifacts
From: Darren New
Date: 20 Oct 2012 16:48:47
Message: <50830e2f$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/20/2012 11:29, jhu wrote:
> In the ARM world, everything but the main integer execution core is optional.

In part, this is because the ARM is a core, while the x86 machines are chips.

A "core" is a hardware design that you integrate onto a die along with the
other stuff you want. So a core vs chip is like a chip vs a board. As far as
I know, ARM does not actually sell chips themselves, only VHDL
specifications for chips.

I'm wondering why nobody is building Raspberry.pi like devices from these
http://opencores.org/

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "They're the 1-800-#-GORILA of the telecom business."