POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Problem rendering large image : Re: Problem rendering large image Server Time
26 Jun 2024 09:14:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problem rendering large image
From: Warp
Date: 18 Oct 2012 13:40:36
Message: <50803f14@news.povray.org>
Jos leys <jos### [at] pandorabe> wrote:
> When attempting to render a 6000*8000 pixel image (V 3.7.0 RC6 msvc10.win64), I
> get the following message :

> Intermediate image storage backing file write failed at creation.
> Failed to start render: Cannot access data in file.

I'm guessing that the file is hitting the magic 2-gigabyte line, but
I'm not sure why that should matter, especially since you are using
the 64-bit version of POV-Ray. (Which filesystem are you using? The
only one that has a 2-gigabyte limit is FAT32, but it would be really
strange if your system were using that. Could still be a possibility.)

Someone who has more detailed knowledge about the internal working of
the intermediate file should be able to give a better answer.

--
                                                          - Warp