POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Skyrim (and beyond) : Re: Skyrim (and beyond) Server Time
6 May 2024 14:24:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Skyrim (and beyond)
From: Tim Cook
Date: 18 Oct 2012 13:28:34
Message: <50803c42@news.povray.org>
So, with the gracious assistance of Mr. Benge, I have been able to
progress by leaps and bounds, adding the initial pass of roads
(transcribed from the mod that adds those to the world map).  I have
made some minor adjustments to make the roads better fit the terrain,
but not many; somewhat surprisingly (to me, at least), the roads in
Skyrim follow the contours of the land in a way that makes sense.  Usually.

I had rendered the contour lines a bit light, I need to either rerender
or adjust in another layer.  The landmark icons are the in-game ones,
and I need to verify/correct their locations, and replace them with
appropriate 'real' map symbols (or things that look as such).  Think I
need to check on some of the roads, too, but...it's a great deal further
along than I had hoped to be.

When this is complete, the next logical stage will be to render the rest
of the terrain data and make a mod for Skyrim to display the topography
in its world map.

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.sjcook.com

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download '2456219 skyrim topo.jpg' (946 KB)

Preview of image '2456219 skyrim topo.jpg'
2456219 skyrim topo.jpg