POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Skyrim (and beyond) : Re: Skyrim (and beyond) Server Time
22 May 2024 03:35:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Skyrim (and beyond)
From: Tim Cook
Date: 17 Oct 2012 22:46:27
Message: <507f6d83$1@news.povray.org>
On 2012-10-17 20:20, Samuel Benge wrote:
> I noticed that your map uses elements of varying resolutions. Some parts are
> sharp, while others are quite pixelated.

I know...the underwater areas at the upper-left in particular are much
lower resolution than other places, and that's purely game-data issue.
I guess they thought nobody'd notice.

> My macro takes everything literally, so a line is just as likely to loop around
> a depression as it is a hill, it's just that depressions are less common and
> might be missed if the spacing is too wide.

That's what I meant; if you have a donut-shaped hill, so that it has two
concentric rings that are actually the same altitude, with the centre
being a divot, it will look identical to a hill that's taller and
crosses the next elevation line up.

Any way of checking the slope direction/comparing the height
before/after the contour line, then generating perpendicular
inward-pointing ticks for depressions?

XD

--
Tim Cook