POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Skyrim (and beyond) : Re: Skyrim (and beyond) Server Time
3 May 2024 19:46:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Skyrim (and beyond)
From: Tim Cook
Date: 17 Oct 2012 18:33:46
Message: <507f324a@news.povray.org>
On 2012-10-17 17:13, Tim Cook wrote:
> Hmm...I ran the height image through despeckle and a few blurs just now,
> and it's not changing the amount of noise artifacts with the contour
> lines...?  Hmm.

Ah wait.  If I run the original height map through POV using your
suggested settings it cleans up a lot...bit of an interesting result,
though.

Still noisy in places, hmm.  Ok, using a lower number for +a increases
the noise...

Here's the render with +a0.05 +am2 +r4 and the function called with 20
lines, 1.05 width, 32 quality.

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.sjcook.com