POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Skyrim (and beyond) : Re: Skyrim (and beyond) Server Time
3 May 2024 23:54:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Skyrim (and beyond)
From: Tim Cook
Date: 17 Oct 2012 00:26:31
Message: <507e3377@news.povray.org>
On 2012-10-16 14:19, Samuel Benge wrote:
> A simple "gradient z" will not work because it doesn't contain any topographical
> information describing your landscape. The macro requires a height map, so
> you'll need to produce one from East_Land4 and then pass it to the macro. (You
> might even be able to use it for a height_field object instead of that union of
> objects you have now, but I'm not sure, since I don't know how your scene is set
> up.)
>
> Once you have your height_map, you'll be going forward again. If not, just give
> me a holler :)

Well, a little bit of progress, but something's obviously not right...

Here's what I've got now, with tamrielheightsmall.png being a straight
height-gradient render.

box{
   <-7200,-4800,-0.1>,< 7200, 4800, 0.1>

   #declare InputPigment = pigment{
     image_pattern{ png "c:\downloads\tamrielheightsmall.png" }
     rotate z*180
     translate <-0.5, -0.5, 0.0>
     scale <1,0.8,1>
   }

   pigment{
     Pg_Elevation_Lines( InputPigment, 8, 2, 32, 0, off )
     pigment_map{ [ 0 InputPigment][ 1 rgb x] }
   }
   finish{ ambient 1 diffuse 0 }
}

...and this is what it comes out as.  (there's some weird noise at the
top and bottom that's there even with just using InputPigment as the
pigment, and the contour lines are all noisy)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'tamriel flat.png' (485 KB)

Preview of image 'tamriel flat.png'