POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Skyrim (and beyond) : Skyrim (and beyond) Server Time
26 Apr 2024 20:26:51 EDT (-0400)
  Skyrim (and beyond)
From: Tim Cook
Date: 15 Oct 2012 07:49:28
Message: <507bf848@news.povray.org>
This rendering was actually made a bit over a month ago, as a supplement
to my primary project of making a topographic map of Skyrim.  That,
while based on a render of the game terrain data with a gradient slapped
on it to indicate elevations, is needing to be redone by hand to get
consistent-width contour lines (if I were clever, I'd probably be able
to figure out something much simpler and faster as an automated process,
but what can I say, glutton for punishment or something), so doesn't
really qualify for posting here.

This one's just a straightforward shaded relief map.  It could really
use some smoothing, but the combined size of the meshes just doesn't
make that feasible (as far as I can tell).

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'skyrim shaded relief low.jpg' (872 KB)

Preview of image 'skyrim shaded relief low.jpg'
skyrim shaded relief low.jpg