POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Segmentation fault : Re: Segmentation fault Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:22:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Segmentation fault
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 13 Oct 2012 03:26:31
Message: <507917a7$1@news.povray.org>
Le 13/10/2012 03:34, Anthony D. Baye nous fit lire :
> "Anthony D. Baye" <Sha### [at] spamnomorehotmailcom> wrote:
>> anybody else get a seg-fault running this code?
>>
> snip...
>
> Probably should mention that I'm running RC5 in Linux Mint 11 (Katya) on an AMD
> Phenom II X6
>
> my command line is: povray +a0.03 +H768 +W1024 +T8 +P filename.pov
>
> currently compiling RC6 sources, but they configured saying that it was RC5.
>
> Regards,
> A.D.B.

Segfault occurs at parsing time (or seems so)

Missing so far:
* kolors.inc (I guess colors.inc is ok ?)
* aperture_science_logo_800.jpg
* line 98 (Parse Warning: Should have at least 2 objects in csg.)

Notice that you are stacking CSG inside the loop, and starting with an
empty union.

Unless union is to be replaced with intersection or difference, such
construct has no interest when compared to something like

union{
#while ...

 sphere ..
#end
}

Broader union, depth 1
(as opposed to your cascaded union of 60000 levels, with 1 extra sphere
per level)