POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Layering detail textures : Re: Layering detail textures Server Time
8 May 2024 10:40:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Layering detail textures
From: Alain
Date: 9 Oct 2012 21:20:21
Message: <5074cd55@news.povray.org>

> I have a prop object I just finished creating, it is built from individually
> textured elements.
>
> what I'd like to do is add detail textures to the whole thing, based on image
> maps, but I can't figure out how to make it work.
>
> Any help on this would be appreciated.. I'd post code, but I'd like to debut the
> finished object as a whole.
>
> Regards,
> A.D.B.

No individualy textured CSG component can ever receive any texturing
applied to the whole SCG. Any pigment, texture, finish, interior, normal
or material applied to a SCG object affect only the untextured
components. This allow you to have a main texture, then, add individual
textures as needed to specific elements. It's by design.

If you want to apply some overlay texture to individualy textured
component, you need to apply that overlay texture as a layered texture
over the existing texture of each textured component.

Alain