POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : LightsysIV spectrum : Re: LightsysIV spectrum Server Time
25 May 2024 22:30:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: LightsysIV spectrum
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 8 Oct 2012 16:47:41
Message: <50733bed$1@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:

> On 8-10-2012 9:17, Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:
>>    My real problem is that I naively decided years ago to offer a
>> bilingual site...
>
> Ah yes, translation is a tricky business if one does not want to fall in
> Babel Fishy idioms... ;-)

although there seems to have been some real progess in the last years,
at least for non-literary texts. For example, here is the lightsys page
translated back to english from the spanish version:

http://translate.google.de/translate?hl=de&sl=es&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ignorancia.org%2Fes%2Findex.php%3Fpage%3DLightsys

It's not perfect but quite readable. There must be something
tricky about deciding between I and he in spanish, though ;)