POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Radiosity not saving ? : Re: Radiosity not saving ? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:17:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity not saving ?
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 1 Oct 2012 04:05:15
Message: <50694ebb@news.povray.org>
On 30-9-2012 23:11, Asfar wrote:
> while v3.7 gives me
> 10 hours pretracing
> 2 hours rendering- until i stop
> and next day its again
> 10 hours pretracing
> x hours rendering
> where the second (and third and fourth...) pretracing gives me exactly the same
> "pixels" as the first pretrace... starting with value 0.08 again even if last
> days pretrace 0.005 was finished...

[I got second thoughts about this, so I cancelled my earlier post on the
news reader, but maybe it is still there on the web site. Disregard what
I wrote. Sorry for any confusion]

Using +C works correctly on a render without saved radiosity data, as
radiosity calculations restart again for the not-rendered part of the
image and only for that part. So, what you may be seeing is not a
complete re-calculation but only for the not-rendered region? That would
be correct.

 From your post I assume you do not save/read radiosity data? For very
long renders using sslt in particular I think that would be necessary.
with the pretrace value at 1 for the reading sessions as Clipka wrote.

Thomas