POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Alphabet blocks : Re: Alphabet blocks Server Time
2 May 2024 20:58:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alphabet blocks
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 28 Sep 2012 16:15:17
Message: <50660555$1@news.povray.org>
On 28/09/12 22:00, Warp wrote:
> Are you sure that works properly?

   Don't ask me how it works, but actually it mitigates much of the most
attention-grabbing artifacts, that is, the ones showing in shadows that
don't move. For the moving ones, it obviously doesn't works, but these
are less noticeable due to the movement.

   The problem is, as Alain pointed out, that the rad file keeps growing
and slowing each successive frame, and eventually you can run out of
memory. I've still to try his suggestion about saving the radiosity file
with a "dummy" animation first... might work in my case.

--
Jaime