POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Alphabet blocks : Re: Alphabet blocks Server Time
2 May 2024 15:44:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alphabet blocks
From: Ive
Date: 28 Sep 2012 08:46:13
Message: <50659c15@news.povray.org>
Am 28.09.2012 08:20, schrieb Jaime Vives Piqueres:
>    Hmmm... exactly what happened here, except for the crash. The rad file
> was 160KB for the first frame, and now it's 85MB at frame 166 of 389, 9
> hours later. It seems to be slowing down the rendering a lot, as last
> time, this exact same animation did render completely under 8 hours... a
> shame, because it seems to be getting ride of the flicker for non-moving
> parts of the scene.

What radiosity settings are you using? Not having done animations myself
I was looking for fast but non-blotchy radiosity settings for the
spectral render thing and from what I've tried something like this

      pretrace_start  0.08
      pretrace_end    1/min(image_height,image_width)
      recursion_limit 1
      nearest_count 10
      always_sample off
      normal off

together with scene complexity dependent count and error_bound settings
gives astonishing fast good looking results.

-Ive