POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Alphabet blocks : Re: Alphabet blocks Server Time
2 May 2024 21:17:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alphabet blocks
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 28 Sep 2012 02:20:27
Message: <506541ab$1@news.povray.org>
On 28/09/12 04:19, Alain wrote:
> I did try that once, but must have badly chosen my animation. It
> caused a crash as the radiosity data kept growing to exceede the
> capacity of my computer...

   Hmmm... exactly what happened here, except for the crash. The rad file
was 160KB for the first frame, and now it's 85MB at frame 166 of 389, 9
hours later. It seems to be slowing down the rendering a lot, as last
time, this exact same animation did render completely under 8 hours... a
shame, because it seems to be getting ride of the flicker for non-moving
parts of the scene.

--
Jaime