POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.news-submissions : Spectral Rendering with POV-Ray : Re: Spectral Rendering with POV-Ray: comments on the tutorial Server Time
6 May 2024 11:47:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spectral Rendering with POV-Ray: comments on the tutorial
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 24 Sep 2012 03:24:49
Message: <50600ac1$1@news.povray.org>
On 24-9-2012 6:32, Ive wrote:
> Have just seen your TC entry and thought I catch you here. As usual I
> enjoyed it to follow the meanwhile familiar personal from Gancaloon but
> what immediately did catch my eye: the mud seems to be more shiny than
> the gold. In case this is not on purpose (well symbolism and such) you
> might want to do something about it ;)

Caught me. You are not wrong indeed. :-)

The problem is the gold. I finally opted to switch the finish{} off as
the result was a white, over shiny mass, and I wanted at least the gold
/colour/ to be visible. Even so, it is not entirely to my taste but as
so often, I get impatient with the scene and want it over with.

One solution would probably be to get some shadow over it in order to
block the direct sun light.

For the gold texture, I used golds_37.inc, similar to golds.inc, only
with srgb instead of rgb.

Thomas