POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : subsurface and normals : Re: subsurface and normals Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:19:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: subsurface and normals
From: clipka
Date: 23 Sep 2012 18:31:44
Message: <505f8dd0$1@news.povray.org>
Am 23.09.2012 20:45, schrieb Christian Froeschlin:

> Some additional problems I encountered:
>
> 1. I tried to set "mm_per_unit 100" in the global settings block,
> but this yielded the parse error "Parse Error: No matching } in
> 'subsurface', mm_per_unit found instead".

Note that mm_per_unit is /not/ a subsurface parameter; although SSLT is
currently the only feature using it, other features might follow
somewhen in the future.

> 2. I had trouble with the help in the windows editor:
> - Pressing F1 only seems to work for some types of keywords (for
> example, I could use it to get help for camera or subsurface, but not
> for location, aperture, samples, or global_settings).
> - Also, when the topic was not unique (e.g. camera), and the help
> was not previously open, the topic selector did not close on display
> or double click and moved to the background. In this situation the
> the search/replace dialog will not open.

I do remember that we did have some known issues with the online help
index, but I can't recall off the top of my head whether that was in RC5
or RC6. Jim is more familiar with the current status.