POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : light_group and photons : light_group and photons Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:20:37 EDT (-0400)
  light_group and photons
From: James Holsenback
Date: 16 Sep 2012 08:55:15
Message: <5055cc33$1@news.povray.org>
Struggling a bit to light my amethyst ring (posted in p.b.images) and
decided to try a light_group. I have:

union {
   light_group {
     object { Stone material { StoneMaterial } hollow on }
     light_source { Stone_Light }
     #if (UsePhotons)
       photons {target reflection on refraction on collect off }
     #end
     global_lights off
     }
   object { Band material { BandMaterial }
   }

The stone light has reflection/refraction set to on and the scene light
has them turned off, but I get: Photon Warning: Could not save photon
map - no photons!

Is this even possible, or am I on a fools errand?