POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Scale limit? : Re: Scale limit? Server Time
21 May 2024 08:55:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scale limit?
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 12 Sep 2012 17:47:04
Message: <505102d8@news.povray.org>
Le 25/06/2012 10:23, Thomas de Groot nous fit lire :
> On 25-6-2012 10:08, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>> Is this normal for version 3.7 RC5? I seem to remember that with lower
>> versions of POV-Ray on could go at least to 10e6. Especially with the
>> Ringworld scenes back in 2010 the scales used where much larger without
>> any black out.
>
> I can indeed confirm that the Ringworld scene does not render correctly
> anymore, with identical black out.
>
> Thomas

Reviving this thread...

Could you (Thomas ?) provide the version for which Ringworld does or did
render correctly ?

Archeology seems to indicate that Max_Distance (or MAX_DISTANCE) get
raised only between February and May 2005. (at the same time,
SMALL_TOLERANCE get finer too). These had generated some visibles issues
with lathes and spheresweep(es ???).