POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : working cycles - common techniques? : Re: working cycles - common techniques? Server Time
2 Jun 2024 11:13:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: working cycles - common techniques?
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 7 Sep 2012 03:10:07
Message: <50499dcf$1@news.povray.org>
On 6-9-2012 17:33, Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:
> On 06/09/12 17:14, bugbear wrote:
>> At the moment, I'm just editing my file a lot, and I bounce from
>> "fast mode" to "slow mode".
>>
>> All tips and experiences (and/or links) welcomed.
>>

>    I usually resort to have a lot of variables at the top of the file to
> control all that, as for example:
>
> #declare use_radiosity=0;
> #declare use_area=0
> #declare use_focalblur=0;
>
>    ...and so on. Later, on the relevant code, I will use an if to use or
> not use the feature.
> [....]

Same for me. For complex scenes, I generally use a Master scene file
where all the conditionals are declared and which controls the inclusion
of all the secondary (.inc or .pov) files needed, whether they are
objects, sub-scenes, textures, media, or whatever. The result can
sometimes be nested in a quite complex way.

Thomas