POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Baking dirt maps with the mesh camera : Re: Baking dirt maps with the mesh camera Server Time
17 May 2024 08:16:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Baking dirt maps with the mesh camera
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 7 Sep 2012 03:02:42
Message: <50499c12$1@news.povray.org>
I have started to look into the baking process and am wondering about
the following.

Consider a building. Walls consist of bricks, covered by a cracked
plaster layer; the whole is covered with dirt (proximity pattern like).
Traditionally, I would tackle that with a three-layered texture (in the
simplest case).

If I use the mesh camera, I could also bake the brick layer and then
layer plaster and dirt, or could I bake separately the three layers and
then superpose them? or successively bake one on top of the other? How
would you go about this?

Thomas