POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Image Palette Register : Re: Image Palette Register Server Time
30 Apr 2024 19:20:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image Palette Register
From: Alain
Date: 2 Sep 2012 14:10:45
Message: <5043a125$1@news.povray.org>

> Can anyone recommned a program (preferably small compact and specialize to this
> purpse) to use to obtain the color index/register or a particular color?
>
> The question is in regards to the 'image_map' pigment and the 'filter' and
> 'transmit' properties (see http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/337/)
>
> I usually use 'irfanview' (http://www.irfanview.com/) for such tasks, but it is
> limited in that you can only get the register from a list of displayed colors.
> You cannot use a dropper tool on the image itself to obtain the color register
> for a particular pixel.
>
> As some of the imaes i'm working with my have colors not normally distinguisable
> by the human eye, does anyone know of such an app (preferably with 'color
> dropper' functionality?
>
> -Woody

In IrfanView, you can edit the palete itself.
In the menu, sellect Image|Palette|Edit

You now have a new window containing all the colours from the palette in
order: 0 to 15 for the top row.

When you double-click a given colour block, you get the colour editing
dialog from where you can change the actual colour values.
You can change the red, green and blue values by entering the values.
You can do the same using hue, saturation and brightness.

If you click somewhere on the image, the index position for that pixel
will be sellected and highlighted in a red frame.

Alain