POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Image Palette Register : Re: Image Palette Register Server Time
1 May 2024 00:32:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image Palette Register
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 29 Aug 2012 09:32:55
Message: <503e1a07@news.povray.org>
Le 29/08/2012 14:27, Woody a écrit :
> Can anyone recommned a program (preferably small compact and specialize to this
> purpse) to use to obtain the color index/register or a particular color?
>
> The question is in regards to the 'image_map' pigment and the 'filter' and
> 'transmit' properties (see http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/337/)
>
> I usually use 'irfanview' (http://www.irfanview.com/) for such tasks, but it is
> limited in that you can only get the register from a list of displayed colors.
> You cannot use a dropper tool on the image itself to obtain the color register
> for a particular pixel.
>
> As some of the imaes i'm working with my have colors not normally distinguisable
> by the human eye, does anyone know of such an app (preferably with 'color
> dropper' functionality?

Gimp.

With an indexed image of course,

To see the map: Colors->Map->Rearrange ColorMap
(right click for sorting...)

To actually play with the palette: "on toolbox, click on the left
pointing arrow/triangle in a box, (top right of bottom panel, under the
ink/paper colour rectangle)"->Add tab->colormap

Enjoy!