POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Need help generating a cylindrical solid : Re: Need help generating a cylindrical solid Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:16:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Need help generating a cylindrical solid
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 28 Aug 2012 18:37:58
Message: <503d4846@news.povray.org>
Chaanakya wrote:

> Looks like I spoke too quickly :P  I found yet another problem :(  Using this
> method, I can only generate 'layers', so to speak, on the back part of the
> resulting curved slab (the part that curves away from the viewer).  How do I
> generate layers throughout the solid?

if you flip your z-plane the same cutting metod should work on the side
facing the viewer? Alternatively rotating the back part by 180 degrees
about the y axis gives you the corresponding object due to symmetry.

Of course you might wish to step back and rethink why you are doing
this. If you simply wish to change the texture depending on position a
gradient or cylindrical pattern with color_map would be much better.