POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Filling a bottle with fluid : Re: Filling a bottle with fluid Server Time
4 May 2024 11:16:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Filling a bottle with fluid
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 23 Aug 2012 03:28:22
Message: <5035db96$1@news.povray.org>
On 22-8-2012 23:42, Le_Forgeron wrote:
> Thanks. I found back CIE.inc in some archive, but Gilles Tran include I
> hope I do not need, because I do not have.

Yeah, I could have trimmed the scene down but was too lazy ;-) Gille's
include is not important in this kind of scenes; only used to test the
presence of objects within the camera field.

> Adaptation went well, till I get hit by the media, as changing the
> container of course changed its distribution (getting both media in the
> liquid was not good).
> Should be solved with the object pattern in the distribution.
>
> Yet, the liquid is not the same red. Media seems a domain that's doom to
> escape me.

The two media are looking best (?) when they are completely separate of
course, i.e. when the liquid is slightly smaller than the container,
which is the standard procedure. But we are talking here about
alternatives :-) and I think it is a minor problem which only needs some
more tweaking to get the desired result.

> Picture in p.b.i once rendered (trace limited to 5 might have an effect
> on the reality of the scene)

Of course.

Thanks for this code. I had also started experimenting with ellipsoids
but had not yet got satisfying results.

In your code, I was surprised by the use of object{} within the density
block. I never thought of that, and I think it is not described as
option in the Docs (at least I cannot find it). It is comparable to
object pattern apparently; logical when considering it.

Yet learned another lesson :-)

Thomas