POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Resuming renders in 3.7 RC6 is confusing at best, broken at worst : Re: Resuming renders in 3.7 RC6 is confusing at best, broken at worst Server Time
1 May 2024 21:28:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Resuming renders in 3.7 RC6 is confusing at best, broken at worst
From: Stephen
Date: 22 Aug 2012 16:51:01
Message: <50354635$1@news.povray.org>
On 22/08/2012 7:52 PM, MichaelJF wrote:

> All what Alain said is correct completely. But I have some additional
> suggestions.
>
> If you intend to suspend POV...

I regularly resume Pov because I start rendering a scene from a modeller
that does not support Ver 3.7. I will stop the render make changes then
resume it. My most common change is to the INI file where I add the line
Render_Block_Size=8
I feel that this speeds up the render at the end when I have 7 cores
idle waiting on the last core to render a 32 by 32 block.

--
Regards
     Stephen