POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : 3.7rc6 on Raspberry PI, with/without openexr image artifacts : Re: 3.7rc6 on Raspberry PI, with/without openexr image artifacts Server Time
1 Jun 2024 15:38:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3.7rc6 on Raspberry PI, with/without openexr image artifacts
From: Dave
Date: 20 Aug 2012 13:42:36
Message: <5032770c$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/20/2012 7:36 AM, Aydan wrote:
> Dave, from your comment about using -mfloat-abi=hard I deduce you're using
> Raspbian Wheezy, which is a RaspberryPi specific hardfloat port of Debian
> Wheezy.

Yes, that sounds like what I've read on the RPi forums. I downloaded and
am running their 'wheezy' image; not sure a uname identifies it as such:

$ uname -a
Linux PIblack 3.2.27+ #6 PREEMPT Sat Aug 18 15:05:48 BST 2012 armv6l
GNU/Linux

> The official Debian armhf needs ARMv7. The raspi is ARMv6+vfp2
> So debian armhf is not compatible with Raspbian armhf.

I've always preferred FreeBSD to Linux so I'm (as of now) unclear about
what you just said means. I know I've been doing 'apt-get' and it
downloads & installs stuff that runs on the RPi. When I do a 'dpkg -l',
a few of the packages mention 'armhf'...  I've now exhausted my
knowledge here! :-)