POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : using camera : Re: using camera Server Time
28 Sep 2024 06:11:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: using camera
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 1 Aug 2012 04:32:43
Message: <5018e9ab$1@news.povray.org>
Le 01/08/2012 10:16, CRIS a écrit :
> Stephen <mcavoys_at@aoldotcom> wrote:
>> On 31/07/2012 9:51 AM, CRIS wrote:
>>> Hi, i would like to know if, with pov ray, and in particulary with the use of
>>> the object 'camera' i'm able to simulate and know which object  a real camera
>>> sees in reality and how it sees; this in order to check for occlusion with other
>>> objects in the scene.
>>> thanks
>>> Cris
>>>

>> Hi Cris,
>>  I am not too sure what you mean. I think that the best way to see what
>> the camera sees is to render the scene. So I don’t think that I am
>> picking up your meaning.
>> On the other hand, if you use a PovRay modeller then you get an OpenGL
>> view from the camera. As well as plan and elevation views.
>>

>> --
>> Regards
>>      Stephen
>
> In fact I have not explained very well;  in practice I want to know if povray
> faithfully reproduces the view of a real camera, but i think the answer is 'yes'
> because this is the main functionality of povray.
> thanks

It depends on the kind of camera you use and the kind of camera you
specify for povray.

See:
> http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Camera#Types_of_Projection

For instance, you might want to specify the actual angle of a
perspective camera. (not all real camera have the same angle, a zoom
might change it too!)

--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase <
a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Benjamin Franklin